Thursday, May 29, 2014

Trending now...

This has been one incredibly busy week, and it ain't over yet.

Most of my time has been committed to producing the first EP for a pretty incredible Lexington band called Trending Now, featuring Colin Michael on guitar, Knox McConnell on bass, Miller Owens on drums and their newest member, Ryan Greenwell singing lead vocals.

These guys are the real deal, man. We have been tracking for three days and tomorrow is all mixing with Jason Groves at Sneak Attack Studios. This is my last studio project in Lexington for the foreseeable future, and I couldn't feel more privileged to work with a group of amazing young musicians and J. Groves engineering the session. Each of the four songs we laid down are really something to be proud of and I can't wait to share them as they are released.

Many thanks to all of them for asking me to be a part of their childhood dreams come true (and to J for putting up with me!)

So, on to the news about the move...

I started the crowd funding campaign to fund the start-up of the new school a little less than a week ago. With a goal of $2,500, in only six days we have crossed the halfway mark and raised over $1,400! I am in shock and completely humbled by the outpouring of support and generosity I've received from all you guys. I'll never forget this as long as I live.

Most of you reading this already know about the crowd funding project, but just in case you'd like to toss me a couple bones and/or share the project with anyone who might like to get involved, here it is: Send me to Chicago to start a Guitar School!

I'm still teaching through the end of June, and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be to wrap my head around the fact that I am leaving all my students. I love what I do so much and I love teaching every one of them. Part of me really does feel like a traitor, which I know is silly but I still feel really bad. I wish I could take them all with me.

So now the next objective is to nail down the teaching location up in Chicago, finalize contracts, buy insurance and advertising, get supplies and organize thousands of pages of teaching material that will need to be lined up with teaching group classes. I can be a little disorganized with private lessons because there is so much variance, but with group classes it's a lot more stream lined and chronological, so I gotta get my ducks in a row!

Susan and Mallory have been busy talking to venues to get us bookings throughout the summer, and I am SO anxious to start working with her again. Miss my Mallory and I couldn't be more excited about getting to participate in her amazing work and sharing in her talent! :)

Okay, I've been going for about sixteen hours now, time to crash. More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home